Nationwide existence of efficient irrigation systems - that are environmentally sound and socially acceptable; located in strategic agricultural areas; capably managed by viable and dynamic Irrigators Associations; profitably producing good quality rice and diversified crops; progressively improving the welfare of the farm families, the rural communities; and sustainably supporting the Food Production Program of the Government
And NIA -
transformed into a financially independent organization that operates at its full potential with its employees enjoying compensation and benefits comparable with other service- oriented government corporations attaining its prominence as a leader in irrigation management in the Asian region, and attaining excellence as a well-managed government corporation
Development and management of water resources for irrigation and provision of necessary services on a sustainable basis consistent with the agricultural development program of the government.
- To develop and rehabilitate irrigation systems in support of the national food production program
- To provide adequate level of irrigation service on a sustainable basis in partnership with the farmers
- To provide technical assistance to institutions in the development of water resources for irrigation
- To support economic and social growth in the rural areas through irrigation development and management
- To improve and sustain the operation of the Agency as a corporation and service-oriented agency.